Join Our Mailing List
Email:

Home > USASOC > UNS > 131106-01

RELEASE NUMBER: 131106-01
DATE POSTED: NOVEMBER 6, 2013

CSM Duncan receives the Col. Aaron Bank Award

by Jerry Green
95th Civil Affairs Brigade (Airborne) PAO

FORT BRAGG, N.C. (USASOC News Service, Nov. 6, 2013) -- At an awards luncheon hosted by the Association of Special Operations Professionals at the Fort Bragg Club, Nov. 5, 2013, Command Sgt. Major, Tony L. Duncan, 95th Civil Affairs Brigade (Airborne) was presented the Col. Aaron Bank Award for 2013.

Duncan holds the highest noncommissioned officer position in the civil affairs brigade.

"I'm not standing here because of things I've done," he said. "I'm standing here because of things other people have done," said Duncan, whose military career spans more than 30 years in the U.S. Army.

Presenting the award was the 2012 winner, Command Sgt. Maj. George A. Bequer, U.S. Army Special Operations Command's top noncommissioned officer. 

Bequer praised Duncan's many duties and accomplishments since his enlistment into the Army in 1983, calling him "one of the finest professionals in the U.S. Army."

Mr. Bobby G. Suggs, ASOP Executive Vice President for the Association of Special Operations Professionals also presented the ASOP figurine to CSM Duncan.

Colonel Aaron Bank was an officer of the United States Army, and the founder of the US Army Special Forces, commonly called "Green Berets". The Aaron Bank Award, established in 1990, is awarded annually to the individual whose contribution is significant and above the outstanding performance normally associated with his/her duties.

CSM Duncan resides in Aberdeen, N.C. with his wife Rhonda and has three children, their daughter Amanda, and two sons, Jacob and Seth.