Cultural Support Prerequisites and Requirements
Cultural Support volunteer requirements:
· Female volunteers only
· Eligible grades: E-4 to E-8; O-1 to O-3; WO-1 to CW-3
· Enlisted only: Minimum GT score of 100 or better (not waiverable)
· Have a current Army Physical Fitness Test score of at least 240, with at least 80 points in each event (no profiles, no alternate events)
·Active duty Soldiers will submit a Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape (SERE) Physical exam completed within 12 months prior to submitting an application packet.
·USAR/ARNG Soldiers must submit an Airborne Physical completed within 12 months prior to submitting an application packet.
· Must meet height and weight requirements outlined in AR 600-9
· Be deployable in accordance with current unit status reporting procedures, covered in AR 220-1
· Pre-screened by current unit of assignment
· Have the ability to carry 35 lbs. for six miles in at least 1 hour and 39 minutes (weight includes ruck, helmet, weapon andwater source)
· MOS is immaterial, however, preferred specialties include: nurse practioner (66P), nurse midwife (66G8D), health care specialist (68W), military police (31B) or military intelligence specialist (35M, 35F, 35P); or service-equivelent.
· Must hold a current secret security clearance, at minimum. Interim secret clearance is acceptable.
· Must not be currently flagged, under criminal investigation or pending adverse administrative or UCMJ action
· Language profiency in Pashtu, Urdu or Dari is desirable, but not required
Volunteers' unit of assignment must:
· Pre-screen volunteers. The volunteers' unit leadership, or equivelent, must provide written certification that their Soldiers meet the pre-screening criteria before volunteers report to Fort Bragg for Cultural Support Assessment and Selection. Soldiers who do not meet the pre-screening criteria will not be accepted into the Cultural Support Program.
· The first O-5 in the Soldier's chain of command will approve or disapprove of the Soldier's release by initialing and signing the volunteer statement.