RELEASE NUMBER: 131217-01
DATE POSTED: DECEMBER 17, 2013
PRESS RELEASE: Special Operations Soldiers to participate in Army All-American Bowl activities
FORT BRAGG, N.C. (USASOC News Service, Dec. 17, 2013) – Ten United States Army Special Operations Soldiers will be Soldier mentors to more than 90 of the nation's top high school football players for the U.S. Army All-American Bowl activities, Jan. 1-5 at the Alamodome in San Antonio.
Activities throughout Bowl Week help connect these All-American athletes with Army Soldiers from around the country and provide a better understanding of what it takes and what it means to be an Army Strong Soldier.
The 10 USASOC Soldiers are:
- Sgt. 1st Class Matthew Lewis – 10th Special Forces Group (Airborne) (bio)
- Staff Sgt. Raymond Haldorson – 2nd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment (bio)
- Staff Sgt. Jamie McFall – 10th Special Forces Group (Airborne) (bio)
- Staff Sgt. Matthew Taft – 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (Airborne) (bio)
- Staff Sgt. John Chandler – 96th Civil Affairs Battalion (Airborne) (bio)
- Sgt. David Fournier – 10th Special Forces Group (Airborne) (bio)
- Sgt. Chanakya Gaddam – 95th Civil Affairs Brigade (Airborne)
- Sgt. Joseph Hardin – 5th Military Information Support Battalion (bio)
- Sgt. Ashley Rice – 3rd Military Information Support Battalion (bio)
- Spc. Ryan Sempowski – 2nd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment (bio)
In addition to showcasing the nation's top high school football players, the All-American Bowl honors Soldiers who were deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan. Soldiers will take part in mentoring activities leading up to the All-American Bowl.
The Army is the strength of the Nation. The All-American Bowl showcases this strength, as well as the unique characteristics and core Army values that define the extraordinary Americans who wear the Army colors according to goarmy.com.
The U.S. Army All-American Bowl has a strong legacy that includes many of today's NFL and college stars.
For more information please contact the USASOC Public Affairs Office at 910-432-6005 or email at email@example.com.