Privacy and Security
Information available at WWW.SOC.MIL is consistent with Army and DoD policies and The Principles of Information and contains information cleared for public release. Information intended for the internal Army audience is available through Army Knowledge Online (AKO) at www.us.army.mil
- Army web site Management Policy (doc)
- Army Records Management Declassificiation Agency (Privacy Act, FOIA, etc.)
- Army Policy for Using Copyrighted Materials
The Army Home Page is provided as a public service by The Office of the Chief of Staff of the Army in coordination with Army Public Affairs.
Information (press releases, videos, photos, etc.) presented on The USASOC Home Page is considered public information and may be distributed or copied unless otherwise specified. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
The use of copyrighted material by the Army is subject to U.S. copyright law as reflected in Army regulations. It is Army policy to recognize and respect the rights of copyright owners. More information on the Army's use of copyrighted materials.
Requests from private enterprises to take, or use, footage for any commercial advertising or promotional purposes must be approved by the policy specialist at the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Public Affairs at (703) 695-6108.
For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes only. This government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration guidelines.
At the USASOC Home Page, we want all viewers to be able to experience the USASOC story. We have and continue to strive to be sure all sections of www.army.mil are in compliance with Section 508 standards. If you find something that is not compliant, please let us know via the Contact Us link on the footer.
Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to us using the Contact Us link on the footer.
Cookie Disclaimer - The USASOC Home Page does not use persistent cookies (persistent tokens that pass information back and forth from the client machine to the server). The USASOC HomePage may use session cookies (tokens that remain active only until you close your browser) in order to make the site easier to use. The Department of Army , or USASOC, DOES NOT keep a database of information obtained from these cookies. You can choose not to accept these cookies and still use the site, but it may take you longer to fill out the same information repeatedly and clicking on the banners may not take you to the correct link. Refer to the help information in your browser software for instructions on how to disable cookies.
External Links Disclaimer - The appearance of hyperlinks to external sites does not constitute endorsement by the Department of the U.S. Army, or USASOC, of the linked web site or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the Department of the U.S. Army does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DoD web site.
Non-Government Web Sites
- In rare instances, the U.S. Army Special Operations Command (USASOC) may link to websites that are not government-owned or government-sponsored if these websites provide government information and/or services in a way that is not available on an official government website. USASOC provides these non-government websites as a public service only. USASOC neither endorses nor guarantees in any way the external organizations, services, advice, or products included in these website links. Furthermore, USASOC neither controls nor guarantees the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of the information contained in non-government website links.
- USASOC will not knowingly link to any website that exhibits hate, bias, or discrimination. Furthermore, USASOC reserves the right to deny or remove any link that contains misleading information or unsubstantiated claims or does not support the mission and purpose of this USASOC website.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
- The information posted on the USASOC website may include hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. USASOC provides these links and pointers solely for our users' information and convenience. When users select a link to an outside website, they are leaving the USASOC site and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website.
- USASOC does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
- USASOC cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
- USASOC is not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.
- USASOC does not endorse the linked websites, and we do not endorse the views they express or the products/services they offer.
- USASOC does not guarantee that outside websites comply with Section 508 (Accessibility Requirements) of the Rehabilitation Act.