Technology Applications Program Officer (TAPO)
- Equip the Soldiers of the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (Airborne) with the most capable rotary wing aircraft in the world
- Facilitate the sustainment of 160th SOAR (A) highly modified and/or unique aircraft
- Responsible for life-cycle program management of the Army Special Operations Aviation fleet; involved from concept and refinement through disposal
- Facilitate aircraft modernization for the Army Special Operations Aviation Fleet
- Manage the U.S. Special Operations Command Rotary Wing Aviation Night Vision Device and Advanced Aircraft Survivability Equipment Programs
Located at Fort Eustis, Va.
- Product Manager sections for Mission Enhanced Little Bird, MH-60, MH-47, and Mission Equipment
TAPO was classified prior to 1997. After 1997, the unit moved from St Louis, MO (adjacent to Aviation Missile Command) to Ft. Eustis, Va., where the Program Office is currently co-located with the Aviation Applied Technology Directorate (AATD).